Hey guys! Welcome to The Essential 10 website. 👋🏼
It’s Nikki here. Today I will be sharing my opinion on meal prepping and it being the new fast food! 💁🏼♀️
It’s slightly an odd concept to wrap the head around. What do you think? 🙇🏼♂️ Usually, at least in my case, meal prepping has always been associated with healthy food 🥗, and fast food with unhealthy food 🍔🍟. But… things change, and perspectives change.
Meal prepping has so many benefits and positives that many people are unaware of, including myself until recently.
From my experience I have learned that:
- It can help you achieve your fitness goals 🏋🏼♀️🚴🏼♀️🧘🏼♂️… Whether you want to lose weight or gain muscle, meal prepping allows a consistent diet, which slowly creates a routine for yourself. It keeps you on track, helping you reach your goals in a timely fashion.
- It can help you save money in the long run 💵… By creating a full shopping list 📋 for the week ahead you will be prepared and know exactly what you need to cook all your meals (including snacks!). This diverts you away from multiple unplanned trips to your local shopping mart, saving you hundreds of dollars in the future and extra calories on the hips that are unwanted.
- Meal prepping saves you a lot of time 🕰 and stress 🤦🏼♀️… Instead of planning every single day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you could be planning, shopping, and cooking once or twice a week if you meal-prep! This saves an extreme amount of time, giving you extra opportunities to do more things that you want to do. That could be spending time with family, working, focusing on your hobbies, exercising, and so much more!
- It can also reduce so much waste 🗑! By sticking to a meal-prepping plan there are rarely ever leftovers. Sometimes when people buy more than what they need they end up with leftovers and then a lot of the time, they are thrown out. This results in wastage of food that was at one point, perfectly good to eat.
- There are many positives 👍🏼 on this topic, so I won’t list too much, but there is one last thing I would like to leave you with. Having food prepped during the week is so good because you can just grab it out of the fridge and have it like it’s fast food! Eat it straight out of the fridge or place it in the microwave for a few minutes and enjoy it heated. If you’re a busy bee and on the go, all you have to do is place everything in your lunch box with a few ice packs and take it with you!
Lets be honest, most fast food tastes amazing! When I eat it, I get a 10-60 second hit that truly is something 😍. But, how do I feel when I finish it? Well most of the time I feel bloated a day after, satisfied, but also unhappy and disappointed. I’m not disappointed because I made the decision to have it, but I’m disappointed because I know that I can do better. My body and your body IS a temple 🕌 and I know that it deserves the best (or the best I can provide).
So, why not give meal prepping a try? No harm can come from trying it. If you have a low weekly budget, that is okay too! There are plenty of recipes and tips out there, which allow you to stay within your budget and also enjoy healthy/tasty, prepped meals. It could be the next best thing for you! Use your Collapsible Containers from The Essential 10 through your meal prepping journey! They are great for saving space. 👍🏼 You can microwave them, freeze them, and put them in the dishwasher. Let us know how your experience goes in an email or a direct message 📩 on social media (Instagram: @theessential10, Facebook: The Essential 10), and we’ll start a conversation 🗣!
If you have any topics you would like us to write about, let us know that too and we will do it!
Have a great day, and happy Friday everyone!! 😁
- Nikki from The Essential 10